Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I never

I never liked reading poetry,

And maybe actually you’re like me, that you never really concentrate too well when it is spoken aloud.

So maybe this is an ode to the times when minor words, minor sentences make more sense than the entire composition

First of all (and this has no bearing on the entire poem):“Rude awakenings are simply rude awakenings”

I don’t really care if you understand

Though I do want you to like it.

That’s a bit of a paradox then.

It’s just like saying: “I want to be liked for not giving a shit about you”

Are you my enemy then?

Should I remember that I’m in a competition to be cared about?

If you are my enemy, then are we afraid of each other?

I leave you to think about that.

It’s really no care of mine that you like what I write about.

Though I do hope you very much like the way it rolls out the tongue.

No comments: